HGS Academy is looking for a Full Time Employee (i.e. CDI) 1st Grade – Bilingual (French/English) Teacher (Feb – June 2021) on Mercer Island. HGS Academy is a private bilingual microschool started by families living on Mercer Island.
About you: You are a bilingual French and English teaching professional with experience in elementary education.
- Desire to provide small group (1-3 children) education in a home based setting.
- Native French speaker or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of experience teaching or tutoring at the K-5 level or equivalent.
- Must have current CPR/First aid certification or agree to complete prior to start-date.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in French.
- Washington State teaching certificate with French endorsement.
- Experience in extensive travel, study, and/or residence in a French-speaking country
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement a 1st Grade French curriculum that meets requirements set forth by the French National Curriculum from the French Ministry of Education.
- Center instruction on high expectations for student achievement using clear communication and engagement in learning.
- Recognize individual student needs and develop strategies to address those needs.
- Foster a safe positive learning environment though creating an environment of respect and rapport, managing classroom procedures, student behavior, and organizing for small group learning.
- Communicate and collaborate with parents through effective and ongoing communication.
More information here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wbjgppSD2KYFwEYOojos7l9vG85L4sF9/view?usp=sharing