The Business Development Manager (BDM) for Astronics PGA has the primary responsibility for developing the allocated Customer accounts and achieving the sales plan in line with the objectives of the company with commercial customers including Airlines, Seat Manufacturers, Operators and other prospects. The BDM serves as the customer advocate and manages the customer relationship throughout the life cycle of an opportunity. The position requires a high level of interaction with other PGA team members, as well as with other Astronics subsidiaries. As the primary face to the customer, the BDM plays a significant role in determining customer strategies to optimize current and future business opportunities. As such, the BDM will guarantee the development of the Customer portfolio, the gross margin of the engaged business and the identification of diversification opportunities Market, Customers and Products.
Essential job functions (subset)
- Understands the requirements of customer accounts within commercial aviation, airlines, and aircraft seat suppliers, and develops product solutions that meet business requirements.
- Develops and maintains a solid/strong and trusting relationships at all levels within the customer organization.
- Identifies and communicates new program opportunities.
- Leads and/or supports proposal activities to sustain and win new program business.
- Conducts technical, commercial and legal negotiations (Contracts / Closing).
In summary, the BDM will have a significant impact to the successful growth of Astronics. This is a position within a dynamic company that is excited about the long-term growth of aircraft cabin interior systems.
- Must be a US Person to be eligible (c’est à dire: US citizen, green card, L2, etc.. Pas de H1, J1, etc.)
- An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug test and background check, and applicants who do not successfully pass both the drug test and background check will not be considered for employment.
Education & experiences
- BS/BA degree, in technical discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a sales role, preferably in the aerospace industry such as cabin interior lighting, seating and services.
- Ability to communicate in the French language, preferably with a level of fluency
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time with approved budgets.