The Alliance Française de Seattle is part of a global organization whose mission is to promote French language and Francophone cultures through education and cultural programs. A Marketing & Cultural Program Coordinator is being sought to join the team in its successful drive to fulfill its mission.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing & Cultural Program Coordinator focuses on planning and executing the AFSeattle cultural events and programs, as well as on promoting the AFSeattle French learning education programs. In addition, he/she assists the Executive Director in the day-to-day management of the AFSeattle.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans and implements cultural programs and events to promote French language and Francophone cultures.
- Identifies and maintains relationships with cultural, educational, and any other relevant partners to promote the AFSeattle activities and programs in the Pacific Northwest.
- Identifies and maintains relationships with sponsors.
- Contributes to fundraising strategies.
- Implements a marketing plan to promote all the activities of the AFSeattle.
- Develops fliers, brochures, and advertisements to promote the AFSeattle educational and cultural programs.
- Develops and maintains event-related surveys.
- Is responsible for communications via the AFSeattle website, e-newsletters, social media, and the press.
- Assists in the administration of the AFSeattle, in conjunction with interns, and manages the office during the absence of the Executive Director.
- Provides support for AFSeattle instructors.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in marketing, French or a related field required; Master’s a plus.
- Previous work experience in marketing and communications.
- Relevant experience in social media marketing.
- Relevant experience in event planning.
- Previous experience in teaching and/or with non-profits a plus.
- Experience in managing interns or volunteers a plus.
- Experience in managing relationships with sponsors a plus.
- Excellent written and oral skills in English and French.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated cross cultural competence and understanding (France, Francophone countries, and the USA).
- Experience with creative software (Adobe CC, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Experience with email marketing platforms (Mail Chimp, Constant Contact).
- Experience with web content management (WordPress).
- Must have transportation and be able to travel locally.
- Available for occasional evenings and weekends when program events require.
Schedule: 40 hours per week, including occasional weekends and evenings.
Location: The role is based full-time at the AFSeattle premises at The Good Shepherd Center, 4649 Sunnyside Avenue North, Suite 205, Seattle, WA 98103, afseattle.org
Salary: Based on experience. Includes 3 weeks of paid vacation (to be approved in advance by the Executive Director).
Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter in French by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls, please.